Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse not showing my past projects
Eclipse not showing my past projects [message #1028107] Wed, 27 March 2013 21:02 Go to next message
Akshay Sulakhe is currently offline Akshay SulakheFriend
Hello,
I installed the Eclipse classic for java development on Ubuntu 12.04. I have installed Sun Java JDK 7 as well. Sometime back i had taken a copy of my workspace and whenever i used to do a new install, i simply used to paste that workspace copy in the new workspace created by eclipse and it used to work like a charm. But now even after i restart eclipse, it doesnt show me the projects from the workspace. Kindly let me know what to do. Thank you for your time.
Re: Eclipse not showing my past projects [message #1036337 is a reply to message #1028107] Mon, 08 April 2013 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

The proper way of doing it it to right click in the package explorer and select "Import -> General -> Existing project" into the workspace and then import your projects. The presence of a project in the folder of the workspace is not enough to ensure that Eclipse will show you your projects. They need to be registered in the metadata of your workspace.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks

[Updated on: Mon, 08 April 2013 08:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse not showing my past projects [message #1695148 is a reply to message #1028107] Tue, 12 May 2015 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jawad Naeem is currently offline Jawad NaeemFriend
Project is already added into my workspace but not showing in my project explorer. Do not tell me add it like Import->From Existing project. This is not the resolution of my issue.
Re: Eclipse not showing my past projects [message #1695234 is a reply to message #1695148] Wed, 13 May 2015 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 05/12/2015 07:09 AM, Jawad Naeem wrote:
> Project is already added into my workspace but not showing in my project
> explorer. Do not tell me add it like Import->From Existing project. This
> is not the resolution of my issue.
Hard to tell from your question, but my guess is that you deleted the
project(s).
Re: Eclipse not showing my past projects [message #1737611 is a reply to message #1036337] Mon, 11 July 2016 09:10 Go to previous message
Megha Kodaganti is currently offline Megha KodagantiFriend
Hi,

I have tried to replicate the given steps. But still i am not able to see my projects. Even the newly created projects are not visible. Need your help. Thank you
Previous Topic:workspace mechanic plugin download is broken
Next Topic:Eclipse Neon hangs: Initializing Java Tooling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:45:49 GMT 2024