Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » How to scale an image in WindowBuilder?
How to scale an image in WindowBuilder? [message #1022199] Thu, 21 March 2013 13:26 Go to next message
Beau Buckley is currently offline Beau BuckleyFriend
Hey guys, I've started learning Java in Eclipse, and I couldn't find any forum answers or documentation about rescaling an image in Window Builder. It's quite daunting seeing as I'm new to programming, so I may have overlooked something.

I've put an image on the frame, but I want to scale the image 'image_1.png' to 200%.

JLabel lblNewLabel = new JLabel("");
lblNewLabel.setIcon(new ImageIcon(builder.class.getResource("/resources/image_1.png")));
lblNewLabel.setBounds(10, 7, 122, 22);

Is this also how I correctly should add an image to my window builder (Using a label?).

Thanks!
Re: How to scale an image in WindowBuilder? [message #1022725 is a reply to message #1022199] Fri, 22 March 2013 12:31 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
WindowBuilder does not offer any sort of image scaling function.

That capability would be dependent on the widget you use. As far as I know, the standard Swing JLabel does not offer that feature, so you would need to find a widget that does or scale the image yourself before applying it to the JLabel.
Previous Topic:Cannot install WindowBuilder Pro
Next Topic:internal error while parsing NatTable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:30:00 GMT 2024