Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » "Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation
"Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation [message #1021769] Wed, 20 March 2013 16:39 Go to next message
Fabien Bergeret is currently offline Fabien BergeretFriend
I use Gemini for DI between my bundles, and Spring for DI inside my bundles.
Having the same bundles, the same configuration, I have sometimes 29 runninng services (none defined by the application) up to 56 services.
I have no error message (either in the console or in the log file).
Generally, if I stop the blueprint-extender bundle, it hangs at the Stopping status.
The version I use is 1.0.2 (but 1.0.1 works the same way).

Any idea ?
Re: "Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation [message #1022123 is a reply to message #1021769] Thu, 21 March 2013 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
This is very unlikely to be Gemini Blueprint misbehaving. It is more likely to be a failure or delay in construction of the beans for the services possibly combined with a delay where one service cannot be published because its bundle has a reference to a service which has yet to be published. Virgo Kernel has some extra diagnostics for tracking service references which are waiting to be fulfilled, but if you want to dig those out of Gemini Blueprint you'll have to use the Event Admin service to listen for the relevant events.
Re: "Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation [message #1039729 is a reply to message #1022123] Fri, 12 April 2013 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually some evidence of a possible bug in Gemini Blueprint has come up in the Virgo forum, so you may like to take a look there: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/472861/.
Re: "Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation [message #1039735 is a reply to message #1039729] Fri, 12 April 2013 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually it looks like the concurrent modification exception was fixed under bug 384748 in Gemini Blueprint 1.0.2.RELEASE, so that's probably not the issue you are seeing.
Re: "Sometimes", Gemini misses some service creation [message #1040897 is a reply to message #1039735] Sun, 14 April 2013 09:05 Go to previous message
Fabien Bergeret is currently offline Fabien BergeretFriend
Actually, problem was partially solved.
The issue was only occurring when Felix was run from Eclipse.
But when Felix was run from the command line, the problem didn't occur.
So we added a few arguments to the JVM for making it possible to remotely debug Felix, and voilà.
Nevertheless, I still don't know why Blueprint bean creation works well when run from the command line, and half the time badly when run from Eclipse...
Previous Topic:Invalid registry object in "org.eclipse.ui.workbench", Gemini JPA/DBAccess
Next Topic:Refactoring Databases Dynamically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:11:31 GMT 2024