Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Riena 4.0 on RAP 2.0
Riena 4.0 on RAP 2.0 [message #1021140] Tue, 19 March 2013 15:13 Go to next message
Michael Westphal is currently offline Michael WestphalFriend
Hi,

we have created some small applications based on RAP 1.5 and Riena 3.0. Now we want to continue our work for more projects and decided to use the newest stable versions RAP 2.0 and Riena 4.0. Unfortunately I'm not able to get a running environment (we are using Eclipse 3.8.2 actually).

Because of the restructuring in RAP (e.g. package ...rap.rwt instead of ...rwt) even the source code from Riena fails to compile. Are there any plans to migrate Riena RAP to the newest version RAP 2.0?

I tried the description at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Riena/RAP_Support but the mentioned psf "org.eclipse.riena.releng.rap/riena_on_rap-pserver.psf" doesn't run because the CVS repositories are not valid anymore (?). Exists a newer version with Git repo links perhaps?

We really like the Riena framework and want to use it by all means. But the highest priority has a web gui, a rich client is only a fallback solution for customers who don't want to use a browser for our applications. Therefore we depend on a running Riena / RAP combination which should be the latest stable versions.

Best regards
Michael
Re: Riena 4.0 on RAP 2.0 [message #1022044 is a reply to message #1021140] Thu, 21 March 2013 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Hi Michael,

interesting to hear. I have opened a Bug in Riena to investigate what causes this problem (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=403982)

However any fix will only be in Riena 5.0 (targeted for Kepler) and not in Riena 4.0.

Please CC yourself in the bug and we continue any discussion over there....

regards
christian
Re: Riena 4.0 on RAP 2.0 [message #1022280 is a reply to message #1021140] Thu, 21 March 2013 15:49 Go to previous message
Michael Westphal is currently offline Michael WestphalFriend
Hi,

I was able to get a seemingly running target environment by using Riena 4.0 RCP environment (downloaded zip file) and RAP 2.0 target URL. To run the examples I had to customize the configuration e.g.

<plugin>
   <extension
         id="mailapp.entrypoints"
         point="org.eclipse.rap.ui.entrypoint">
      <entrypoint
            path="/mailapp"
            applicationId="mailapp.app"
            id="mailapp.entrypoint">
      </entrypoint>
   </extension>
   <extension
         id="mailapp.app"
         point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.applications">
      <application
            thread="main"
            cardinality="singleton-global"
            visible="true">
         <run
               class="org.eclipse.riena.sample.app.client.mail.Application">
         </run>
      </application>
   </extension>

, checkout the riena rap project (master branch), change the package name from *.rwt.* to *.rap.rwt* and comment out some things in some files.

Best regards
Michael
Previous Topic:Dynamically load an riena plugin after login
Next Topic:Riena 4.0.0.0 Update Site Broken?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:29:59 GMT 2024