Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit Staging and Staging View
EGit Staging and Staging View [message #1019496] Fri, 15 March 2013 20:41
Vikram Jiandani is currently offline Vikram JiandaniFriend
I upgraded to the newest version of EGit when it came out and have been having issues with staging and the staging view ever since. 2 and 3 aren't so bad but 1 is awful. Does anyone know how I can fix the staging issue? I would really prefer not to use the command line.

1. When I move a file from unstaged changes to staged changes, I think the whitespace in the file is altered and the diff shows that the entire file has changed. While in unstaged the diff is fine. This only happens once it's in staged.

2. Files that have no changes in them appear in the unstaged list if at some point I made changes to them then undid those changes and sometimes I don't know why they're there. This isn't too bad because the problem goes away by itself.

3. I have 3 projects in my workspace. Project 1 contains project 2 and 3 in it's directory tree. If I try to diff something from the staging view in project 2 while project 1 is closed it gives a null pointer exception. If I try to open working tree version, it says project1/filename does not exists. If I open project 1 then try again it works. If I exclude those directories from project 1 and close it, everything works but I have to open and close project 1 from time to time (I think when I restart Eclipse).
Previous Topic:Clone a Git Repository fails
Next Topic:Ignoring source columns 1-12 when comparing files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:26:46 GMT 2024