Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » There is no report design object available.(BIRT Upgrade)
There is no report design object available. [message #1018392] Wed, 13 March 2013 18:58 Go to next message
Jay Sullivan is currently offline Jay SullivanFriend
I am trying to upgrade from BIRT 2.2.22 to 4.2.2. I am running under Tomcat v 6.0.33 with Apache 2.23.

Birt 4.2.2 is running fine and can run the test.rptdesign file as well as one of my old reports built with 2.2.22 -- only when it is in the same path as the test report. If I try to fully qualify a path to my report, I receive the error:"There is no report design object available."

Any ideas?
Re: There is no report design object available. [message #1018419 is a reply to message #1018392] Wed, 13 March 2013 20:24 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

We changed the source to not allow full paths for security concerns. You can change the behavior in the web.xml:
<!--
Settings for how to deal with the url report path. e.g. "http://host/repo/test.rptdesign".

Following values are supported:

<all> - All paths.
<domain> - Only the paths with host matches current domain. Note the comparison is literal, "127.0.0.1" and "localhost" are considered as different hosts.
<none> - URL paths are not supported.

Defaults to "domain".
-->
<context-param>
<param-name>URL_REPORT_PATH_POLICY</param-name>
<param-value>domain</param-value>
</context-param>

[Updated on: Wed, 13 March 2013 20:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:BiRT "Workbench has not been created yet" exception
Next Topic:break in columns after certain width
Goto Forum: