Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Eclipse update site.(Eclipse update site - Download the bundles into the dropins or other specified directory.)
Eclipse update site. [message #1017659] Tue, 12 March 2013 09:28 Go to next message
Kamlesh Zanje is currently offline Kamlesh ZanjeFriend
Hello Eclipse team,

We have requirement where idea is to download the bundles into specific directory/dropins directory via eclipse update site.
AFAIK, by default the eclipse update site downloads the bundles ( encapsulated in the features) into the plugins directory of the eclipse IDE installation.

Seems that the download of the plug-ins into dropins folder of the eclipse home is manual process. Means cannot be done by eclipse software updater.

Could you please support here if there is a means of downloading the bundles via update site into the dropins directory or other specified directory.

FYI - My project is Maven Tycho plugin project.

Thanks & Regards,
Kamlesh.
Re: Eclipse update site. [message #1017910 is a reply to message #1017659] Tue, 12 March 2013 19:25 Go to previous message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
I would look again at why you need to move the bundles to a different location. Once installed, the bundles should be able to work from anywhere and should not depend on being in the drop-ins folder. If you need to extract/copy/modify your bundle in some way after installation, you can use p2 touchpoints.
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_actions_touchpoints.html
Previous Topic:Pls help, How to remove/hide some context menu item in my custom editor
Next Topic:New menu entry in Run As
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:51:21 GMT 2024