Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » RCP -> Plugin -> Plugin fails(Cannot load/activate plugins that have no fragment.e4xml)
RCP -> Plugin -> Plugin fails [message #1017195] Mon, 11 March 2013 03:03
Jeff Lowcock is currently offline Jeff LowcockFriend
I have downloaded Juno RC2, and added the E4 tools integration build I20132802...

What I have now is an pure E4 RCP project, a plugin project (AA) that defines a fragment.e4xmi. AA contributes a menu option which opens a wizard, this all works, after some significant sweating. The wizard defined in AA is intended to be extensible so i have defined an appropriate extension point. I then created another plugin project (BB) which contributes a page to the wizard (I have this all woring in 3.x, although the code is a little different).

I have made sure that the BB plugin is referenced in the dependencies of the RCP manifest, and the RCP product dependencies, and in the plugins tab od the run configuration.

So when I start RCP via the manifest, the product page, or the run configuration I get the same result which is RCP+AA and no BB contribution.

I have a println in the start and stop of each activator RCP, AA, and BB but only RCP and AA display - implying that the Activator of BB is not loaded, and possibly the entire plugin is not loaded.

It seems that the RCP will only load plugins with fragment.e4xmi files, so I then tried placing one these files in BB to no effect.

My projects are quire small as I am stumbling on these basic steps and do not want to proceed until I can get the basics working.

Any hints, other sufferers, or information out there. I have read all of the E4 forum entries and it seems there is no else suffering this issue.
Previous Topic:Keybindings in Kepler's compat layer
Next Topic:No events received in 4.2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:32:15 GMT 2024