Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Java Window opening with Eclipse after changing the JRE
Java Window opening with Eclipse after changing the JRE [message #1016809] Thu, 07 March 2013 18:15 Go to next message
Anthony Nelson is currently offline Anthony NelsonFriend
I was having various stability issues and problems with debugging with eclipse (Juno SR1)and since I had multiple jre's installed, I wanted to be sure eclipse was using the latest. I found instructions on how to set it in the eclipse.ini file so set that to my java7 jre path.

Eclipse seems to work (I haven't ran it enough yet to know if it resolved my inconsistent issues) but when I start it now, it also launches a java console window along with eclipse. While this isn't really a problem, it's just mildly annoying. I'm more curious why it's happening and if I can do something to make it stop.

Thanks
Re: Java Window opening with Eclipse after changing the JRE [message #1016828 is a reply to message #1016809] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
In your eclipse.ini, which executable did you specify, java or javaw? javaw is the version that launches without a console window.
Re: Java Window opening with Eclipse after changing the JRE [message #1016834 is a reply to message #1016828] Thu, 07 March 2013 20:28 Go to previous message
Anthony Nelson is currently offline Anthony NelsonFriend
Thank you! That was it! Seems like a silly question now that I know Smile
Previous Topic:Unable to connect to iseries
Next Topic:trouble configuring eclipse for Pydev ... linux for 32bit x586
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:08:38 GMT 2024