Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse preprocessor coloring code from a file or makefile?
Eclipse preprocessor coloring code from a file or makefile? [message #1016325] Wed, 06 March 2013 03:59 Go to next message
Ricardo do Valle is currently offline Ricardo do ValleFriend
I am developing a c code for embedded application using makefile and Eclipse and I want to add some external global symbols or preprocessor to Eclipse indexer, because I want to use the coloring unused code feature from Eclipse.

Is it possible to instruct Eclipse to look for global symbols from a file instead of defining them manually in "path & symbols -> Symbols"?

Thanks,
Ricardo.
Re: Eclipse preprocessor coloring code from a file or makefile? [message #1016923 is a reply to message #1016325] Fri, 08 March 2013 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
- Open Project Properties and go to C/C++ General->Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros
- In the Entries tab select "CDT User Settings Entries" in the right window and the click "Add" (see attached screenshot).
- In the appearing dialog choose "Preprocessor Macros file" from the dropdown menu in the top left corner.
- select the file

To be honest, I never used this option myself. But I think it should work as expected.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Eclipse preprocessor coloring code from a file or makefile? [message #1017848 is a reply to message #1016923] Tue, 12 March 2013 16:20 Go to previous message
Ricardo do Valle is currently offline Ricardo do ValleFriend
Thanks Alex, for your answer, but not solved my problem.

Is there another way to do it?

Previous Topic:Problem with using windows resource files
Next Topic:eclipse x64 indexing error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 05:37:25 GMT 2024