Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option(Not able to create Query for the sub-report(Query option not displayed))
Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1014420] Mon, 25 February 2013 19:39 Go to next message
Brij Kumar is currently offline Brij KumarFriend
index.php/fa/13540/0/I am trying to create a sub-report using the Eclipse-BIRT, for that I have created a main report having a Pie-chart . After that I created one more report (with another Different 'Data Set') which I intend to open when a certain section of Pie-chart is clicked.
I am taking the Data from excel ( Customer.csv). It has three columns - Customer,Product , Quantity. The pie-chart of main report displays the Products and their quantity.Now on click of any section of this pie chart should open another pie chart of sub-report having names of the customers

I am not able to map these two reports one as the parent of another as - "QUERY" option is not displayed in the DataSet so I am not able to build SQL-Query to link them
Your help is much appreciated .
Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1014644 is a reply to message #1014420] Tue, 26 February 2013 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

With a CSV, you'll need to limit your data with a filter. You can use the value you pass from your main report in the filter to limit the values brought in. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the issue.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1014983 is a reply to message #1014644] Wed, 27 February 2013 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help. Now I am using AccessDataBase , I can build the Query now. I want to navigate on clicking a portion of SoapDistribution Pie-chart to display another pie chart showing its UserDistribution(Who uses that particular kind of soap for eg. If "Lux" is clicked than another pie chart should get open with the UserDistribution for Lux ).
My Questions are
1 - How to link these two pie chart ( Hyperlinking every section of piechart ?? if so how to do it)
2 - How to pass the value(name of particular Soap which is clicked in the pie-chart) from MainReport to another

So that i can build the query like
Select Customers from Sales where Product = someName ( that is passed from
MainReport)

Thanks in advance
Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1015277 is a reply to message #1014983] Thu, 28 February 2013 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

In the main report, you'd create your main query and create your pie chart, like normal. In the chart editor, you'd go to the format chart tab and add interactivity to your series to drill down to your detail report.

In your detail report, you need to make a report parameter to accept the value from the main report. Then, you'd make a query like: select customers from sales where product = ?

The '?' creates a dataSet parameter. In the dataSet editor, you'd go to the parameter section and double click on the automatically created parameter. In the link to drop down, select your already created report parameter.

Now, go back to your main report and go back into the drill down you created and pass the category value through the parameter to the detail report.

This should do it. Let me know if you have questions or if you get stuck because I missed a step.

Michael

icon14.gif  Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1015296 is a reply to message #1015277] Thu, 28 February 2013 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all your help Michael Williams ...
Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1015424 is a reply to message #1015296] Thu, 28 February 2013 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You're welcome! Let us know whenever you have questions! Smile

Michael

Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1017230 is a reply to message #1015424] Mon, 11 March 2013 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello , I am able to create MainReport.rptdesign and SubReport.rptdesign . Now I want to access these file with the servlets.
For that I have created a dynamic web project and copied the webviewer folder from Birt Runtime to webapps of Tomcat(renamed to birt). I have added the jars from BirtRuntime ReportEngine to birt WEB-INF/lib. Its working fine if I start tomcat from tomcat/bin startup.bat and access h ttp://localhost:8080/birt

But if I try to access these reports using servlets from eclipse,I am getting Error :
Please tell me if I am wrong somewhere or missing some step or jar.

EVERE: A child container failed during start
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/BirtEEProj]]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:800)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/BirtEEProj]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/birt/report/engine/api/IRenderOption <=====================
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2291)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1743)
at org.apache.catalina.util.Introspection.getDeclaredFields(Introspection.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadFieldsAnnotation(WebAnnotationSet.java:261)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationServletAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:140)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebAnnotationSet.loadApplicationAnnotations(WebAnnotationSet.java:67)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationAnnotationsConfig(ContextConfig.java:405)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:881)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:369)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5179)
... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IRenderOption
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1713)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1558)
... 21 more
Mar 11, 2013 2:11:15 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase startInternal
SEVERE: A child container failed during start
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost]]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:222)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:83)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1123)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:302)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:732)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:684)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:322)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:456)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1559)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1549)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container failed during start
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1131)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:800)
... 7 more
Mar 11, 2013 2:11:15 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
SEVERE: Catalina.start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardServer[8005]]
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:684)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:322)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:456)
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardService[Catalina]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:732)
... 7 more
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina]]
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:443)
... 9 more
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container failed during start
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1131)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:302)
... 11 more
Mar 11, 2013 2:11:15 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1017361 is a reply to message #1017230] Mon, 11 March 2013 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It looks like Jason is working with you, on this, in another thread, so I'll just point this thread to that one:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/458069/

Michael

Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1463300 is a reply to message #1017361] Thu, 06 November 2014 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
antim pareta is currently offline antim paretaFriend
Getting like this..
  • Attachment: Capture11.PNG
    (Size: 32.54KB, Downloaded 215 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2014 04:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Query Option not displayed in Edit-DataSet Option [message #1464000 is a reply to message #1017361] Fri, 07 November 2014 04:43 Go to previous message
antim pareta is currently offline antim paretaFriend
I also facing the same issue..not able to see Query option in Edit Data set.
Plz help me.
  • Attachment: Capture11.PNG
    (Size: 32.54KB, Downloaded 215 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 November 2014 04:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Pie Chart Min Slice Legend
Next Topic:Problems with birt engine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:00:06 GMT 2024