Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning
Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning [message #1008394] Tue, 12 February 2013 10:15 Go to next message
Urs Beeli is currently offline Urs BeeliFriend
I update my target definition file to point to Scout 3.9.0 M5 (Kepler) this morning. As far as I can tell, things seem to work nicely with this new target. However, my server and all clients (SWT, Swing, RAP) show the same message twice when launched:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.scout.commons 2 0 2013-02-12 11:12:26.372
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.scout.commons.serialization.SerializationUtility.getBundleOrderPrefixes(SerializationUtility.java:123) bundle order prefixes are neither defined in config.ini nor as a system property. Using default value: org.eclipse.scout.commons.serialization.bundleOrderPrefixes=org.eclipse.minicrm.,org.eclipse.scout

What does this message tell try to tell me and how can I get rid of it?
Re: Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning [message #1008411 is a reply to message #1008394] Tue, 12 February 2013 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
I am not sure but after looking at the Javadoc:
Quote:

/**
* In OSGi Environments, this method returns the ordered list of bundle name prefixes used for loading classes as it
* is configured in the config.ini file or as system property:
* <p/>
* <code>org.eclipse.scout.commons.serialization.bundleOrderPrefixes</code>
* <p/>
* If the config.ini or system property is not set or if the method is invoked outside an OSGi environment, a default
* value is computed and returned.
*/

I think that you can add this in your config.ini:
org.eclipse.scout.commons.serialization.bundleOrderPrefixes=org.eclipse.minicrm.,org.eclipse.scout

Not sure what this is for...
I assume that it says that a class org.eclipse.minicrm.client.MyBean will win over org.eclipse.scout.client.MyBean
Re: Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning [message #1008464 is a reply to message #1008411] Tue, 12 February 2013 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, that helped!
Re: Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning [message #1008521 is a reply to message #1008394] Tue, 12 February 2013 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beat Schwarzentrub is currently offline Beat SchwarzentrubFriend
Urs Beeli wrote on Tue, 12 February 2013 05:15
What does this message tell try to tell me and how can I get rid of it?

When deserializing objects, the corresponding class has to be looked up. This is easy for core classes like java.lang.String or java.lang.Long (as they are always provided by the JRE's bootstrap classloader). All other classes could be in virtually any of your bundles (remember, each bundle has its own classloader in OSGi). When you have a really large number of bundles, this lookup can get expensive when done in a random order. Therefore, using that property, you can give Scouts deserialization mechanism a hint where to look first (assuming that you most likely want to deal with your own classes). The warning is meant to be a help, not an annoyance. Seems that this did not quite work out! Smile

Beat
Re: Scout 3.9.0 M5 displays "bundle order prefix" warning [message #1008602 is a reply to message #1008521] Wed, 13 February 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Thanks Beat for explaing this, that makes a lot of sense. Someone with more knowledge of both ISGI and Java would probably have understood this on their own Smile
Previous Topic:ListBox
Next Topic:Swing discrepancies when using Rayo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:56:37 GMT 2024