Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Drag and drop
Drag and drop [message #1007534] Wed, 06 February 2013 10:54 Go to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

I my Eclipse training I noticed that people try to use drag and drop in WindowBuilder to build there user interface.

Currently WindowBuilder is using "click and point".

Are there plans to change this to drag and drop? Drag and drop is also used in the Android user interface builder.

Re: Drag and drop [message #1007582 is a reply to message #1007534] Wed, 06 February 2013 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
We don't plan to change that behavior. 'Click and point" is more powerful in our opinion as it makes it easier to drop multiple similar widgets at once or to drop and size in one operation. It is also more consistent with drawing/painting application going back 20-30 years. It also means that other types of tools (like selection modes, tab order editors, etc.) can also exist in the same palette as all items( including widgets) are just tools that you will then use on the canvas.

That said, if someone wanted to submit a patch to make that behavior optional via a preference (GEF supports both modes), we would certainly look at it.
Re: Drag and drop [message #1007719 is a reply to message #1007582] Thu, 07 February 2013 10:01 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Thanks for the reply Eric, currently we have no plans to provide a patch for this change.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder needs confirmation of JOptionPane.showMessageDialog
Next Topic:Validating Bound Data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:50:02 GMT 2024