Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext DSL plugin not loaded(Installing a DSL plugin from an Eclipse update site does not recognize plugins)
Xtext DSL plugin not loaded [message #1003746] Mon, 21 January 2013 23:13
Karel Alfonso is currently offline Karel AlfonsoFriend
Hi all,

I'm working on an Xtext DSL which I'm able to test by running an Eclipse instance within another Eclipse instance (as per the usual examples)

I'm using Eclipse Juno, Maven3 and Tycho 0.16.0.

I've created an Eclipse feature project with the "eclipse-feature" packaging and added the DSL and UI projects (generated when created the Xtext project).

I've also create an update site project with "eclipse-repository" packaging, added a category.xml and added the feature previously create. In the pom I configure the tycho-p2-repository-plugin to include all dependencies.

The issue I'm facing is that when I install the generated repository locally in a new Eclipse Juno instance, the installation completes successfully, I can see in "Installed Software" the DSL feature, however in the "plugins" tab I cannot find the plugins. The plugin is not loaded and when editing a file I don't get the syntax highlighting or code generation happening.

The plugins jar files are present in the plugin directory of the Eclipse instance.

I've followed the latest documentations in blogs and articles out there about building update site with Tycho and Eclipse.

Does someone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Karel
Previous Topic:New Release on March 20th
Next Topic:Imported model/text does not update after inserting a new element,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:43:11 GMT 2024