Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » NullPointerException(Getting an exception after upgrading to Acceleo 3.3.1)
NullPointerException [message #1003670] Mon, 21 January 2013 18:41 Go to next message
Jon Buck is currently offline Jon BuckFriend
I have been trying to upgrade our projects to Acceleo 3.3.1 today and am trying to work out why I am now getting a NullPointerException during generation..

Debugging the code the exception occurs on line 565 within the AcceleoService class where it is trying to determine if the type of the parameter is a proxy object and it errors here as the type on the parameter is null as for some reason that value does not get set during the loading of the emtl file however it is hard to tell from looking at the object to tell what has been read/loaded...

Looking at the emtl that has been generated the type set in the script is correct and again debugging through the code I can see that the ResourceSet does have access to all of my metamodels and that the script is loaded...

I am not an expert on this subject so really need some pointers as to why I may be seeing the above exception...

Happy to provide more information if required...

All Help Appreciated.
Regards
Jon
Re: NullPointerException [message #1005908 is a reply to message #1003670] Tue, 29 January 2013 09:34 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Quote:
the type on the parameter is null as for some reason

From the description of your problem, it seems that Acceleo cannot find the metamodel used by the generator. Does your metametamodel is in your workspace or in a plugin? Is it in a dependency of your Acceleo project? Does the error disappear if you realize a clean build of your workspace? (Project -> Clean)

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Previous Topic:Model, XML, XMLSchema, XMI and Model -to-text transformation
Next Topic:[acceleo] How to detect generation errors ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:55:23 GMT 2024