Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Problem after Deployment in Tomcat(Facing problem in webpage after war file deployment in Tomcat)
Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001381] Wed, 16 January 2013 15:47 Go to next message
Omkar Mujumdar is currently offline Omkar MujumdarFriend
Hi,

I am facing some problem after deployment of war files in tomcat. I have disabled Anonymous security filter and enabled the Basic Security Filter as given in Scout Tutorials. After deployment of war files in tomcat, rap-client service is providing me a dialogbox to enter username and password as expected. Later when I enter right credentials the page doesn't get loaded. I have attached a screenshot with this post, as you can see in screenshot there is some cracked box appears in the left bottom corner of browser after giving right credentials. But with Anonymous filter enabled and basic filter disabled, it works fine on tomcat. Even it works fine with Jetty using both Anonymous and Basic Security filter enabled. Can you please give me some pointer regarding this problem I am getting with Tomcat.

Thank You in advance.
Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001403 is a reply to message #1001381] Wed, 16 January 2013 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Boccardi is currently offline Sebastian BoccardiFriend
I used to have a similar problem. The thing was the user authenticated didn´t have access to the files needed. When you log on the first page (if you search the code of the page in the screenshot you will see it) it tries to read some files, and the server denies access to those files. I will search for the fix later and post it if you want...

Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001830 is a reply to message #1001403] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, It will be very much helpful if you post the fix. Our code doesn't access any files, it only accesses our database.
Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001834 is a reply to message #1001830] Thu, 17 January 2013 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is not files or database your application is accessing, the server is denying access to javascript resources needed to "build" the GUI. I think the files are:

src="rwt-resources/rap-client-6e796d85.js
src="rwt-resources/rap-org.eclipse.swt.theme.Fallback-361cffdf.js
src="rwt-resources/rap-org.eclipse.swt.theme.Custom_7c64962d-686a85bc.js
src="rwt-resources/resources-dddebbdc.js

maybe others too.

See this post,

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/441354/

the problem is in the configuration of the security filter in the RAP Layer. I don't remember exactly what i changed, if you can paste here the configuration for your filters maybe i can remember what that was.

luck!

[Updated on: Thu, 17 January 2013 12:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001888 is a reply to message #1001834] Thu, 17 January 2013 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thank you for this information. As I have checked your attached text file from specified link, the same script I am getting as you were getting. I will attach the configuration file with this post.
  • Attachment: config.ini
    (Size: 1.06KB, Downloaded 319 times)
Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001907 is a reply to message #1001888] Thu, 17 January 2013 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send the plugin.xml from the ui.rap plugin
Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001920 is a reply to message #1001907] Thu, 17 January 2013 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please find attachment of plugin.xml which i have attached with this post.
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 2.21KB, Downloaded 300 times)
Re: Problem after Deployment in Tomcat [message #1001926 is a reply to message #1001920] Thu, 17 January 2013 15:12 Go to previous message
Sorry i thought plugin.xml had the fix but i can´t see any difference with yours..... i'll try to remember what was it. If you read the other post you can see that i got the tip from reading the chrome debug console (in developer tools). There i saw the error that the page was trying to load those files but the web server (tomcat) was denying access (the files existed). Somehow i managed to give the connected user access to those files, but right now i can´t remember how. Maybe someone else can give us some tip.

If you activate the Anonymous Filter for / and /web, and deactivate basic security, it works?

Sebastian.

PD

This is my filters config in plugin.xml i have a customized security filter

<filter
      aliases="/"
      class="org.eclipse.scout.http.servletfilter.security.AnonymousSecurityFilter"
      ranking="30">
    </filter> 
    <filter
      aliases="/web"
      class="org.eclipse.scout.http.servletfilter.security.BasicSecurityFilter"
      ranking="20">
    </filter> 
     <filter
      aliases="/web"
      class="fedir.ui.rap.DataBaseRAPUISecurityFilter"
      ranking="10">
    </filter>