Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment
[ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment [message #1000348] Mon, 14 January 2013 15:10 Go to next message
Romain Bernard is currently offline Romain BernardFriend
Hi,

I try to deploy an overridden generator (EEF generator customized with dynamic templates) as a plugin...
But in vain... I succeed in launching my generator in a second instance of Eclipse Application, but deploying the generator as a plugin does not work (only the base EEF generator is launched).

I did not find specific information about deploying such extended generators... Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
kind regards
Romain
Re: [ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment [message #1001707 is a reply to message #1000348] Thu, 17 January 2013 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

If you open the jar of your plugin built:
1- do you have the ".emtl" files (compiled mtl files)? If no, have a look at the documentation to build your generator with maven.
2- if you open the plugin.xml file, have you declared the path of the folder containing your dynamic modules?

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: [ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment [message #1001910 is a reply to message #1001707] Thu, 17 January 2013 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Stéphane,

Thank you for your response that helped me to understand better the problem nature...

Actually, in my plugin.xml, I reference the modules path with something like :
<templates path="src/folders/subfolders/mymodulesrootfolder"/>

But when exported as a plugin, the src folder is not here anymore ! In my exported jar plugin, .emtl files can be found next to .class files, in the folder "folders/subfolders/mymodulesrootfolder"...

So I tried to reference the path with "folders/subfolders/mymodulesrootfolder" (trimming the "src/"), but it does not work (+ warning in my plugin.xml, because this path does not exist in the development environment, and my generator modules are never called).

I also tried to export my src folder with the build.properties, but unfortunately, .emtl files are not exported by PDE in the src folder...

Is there another way to reference the path, or to include .emtl files in the src/ folder of a deployed generator plugin ?

Thanks in advance,
kind regards
Romain
Re: [ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment [message #1003543 is a reply to message #1001707] Mon, 21 January 2013 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I did it work, following the maven way !
Thank you very much...
Kind regards
Romain
Re: [ACCELEO] Dynamic templates generator deployment [message #1017495 is a reply to message #1000348] Mon, 11 March 2013 23:49 Go to previous message
Bo2x Mising name is currently offline Bo2x Mising nameFriend
When exporting feature (or plugin), the acceleo builder strangely do not compile mtl files with links to the extended templates.
I had it worked without Maven by enabling the option "Use class files compiled in the workspace" in options tab when exporting my feature (or plugin).

Borice
Previous Topic:Sharing JET2 templates between transformations
Next Topic:Xpand integer Global Variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:11:09 GMT 2024