Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server
Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #998322] Wed, 09 January 2013 20:00 Go to next message
Steve Kay is currently offline Steve KayFriend
Greetings,

When printing or exporting a PDF from the BIRT viewer (3.7.2) the charts are replaced with the message "The resource of this report item is not reachable."

This problem does not occur when I use the viewer embedded in the RCP designer.

I have examined the BIRT_VIEWER_IMAGE_DIR and confirmed that the chart graphics are being generated (they are .png files).

I suspect this is probably a configuration issue with my report server, but have found no similar reports of this specific issue google-wide.

If someone could at least provide me with a valid value for increasing BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL, I would be grateful.

My configuration:
Win7 x64 running Websphere server and IBM Rational ClearQuest 8.0.5 report launcher with Viewer 3.7.2 and Engine 3.7.2.

Thanks for listening.

Steve Kay
Sr. Test Engineer
Hologic, Inc.
Newark, Del.
Re: Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #998739 is a reply to message #998322] Thu, 10 January 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additional Finding:
If I change the chart output format from SVG to PNG, or JPG, it works fine. Now it smells more like a bug than a configuration issue.

Steve Kay
Sr. Test Engineer
Hologic, Inc.
Newark, Del.
Re: Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #998938 is a reply to message #998739] Fri, 11 January 2013 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Does it matter what browser you use?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #999175 is a reply to message #998938] Fri, 11 January 2013 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael,

The behavior is the same with Chrome and IE8.

It seems like the engine knows to generate "something other than SVG" for the PDF output, but then doesn't look for the right file type when inserting the generated image into the PDF.

Steve Kay
Sr. Test Engineer
Hologic, Inc.
Newark, Del.
Re: Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #1000904 is a reply to message #999175] Tue, 15 January 2013 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I didn't notice your question about the log levels, above. Here are the valid settings for the log level: OFF, SEVERE, WARNING, INFO, CONFIG, FINE, FINER, FINEST and ALL

As far as the charts go, if the other types are working for you, can you not just use one of those chart types? Or is SVG the required/preferred format?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Chart missing in PDF generated by BIRT server [message #1000974 is a reply to message #1000904] Tue, 15 January 2013 19:54 Go to previous message
Michael,
Thanks for the log level info. If I decide to dig further in to this, I may put that information to use.

Otherwise, yes, using PNG is fine.

Steve Kay
Sr. Test Engineer
Hologic, Inc.
Newark, Del.
Previous Topic:IllegalAccessError using Birt Report Design API
Next Topic:How to get my reports in web viewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:28:47 GMT 2024