Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » unable to save workbench state(Birt does not save workbench state on exit (building workspace is infinite) )
unable to save workbench state [message #997516] Mon, 07 January 2013 23:43 Go to next message
andrew smith is currently offline andrew smithFriend
Hello,

I recently ran into the following problem which came up very unexpectedly. When closing BIRT, the program attempts to save the workbench state(which is normal). But instead of taking about a second as usual, it seems to go into the infinite 'saving workbench state' mode. I had the computer wait on it about 3 hours and nothing did change. I restarted the computer hoping this will solve problem, but no luck.

I am attaching the image for reference. Any idea why saving the workspace takes so long? is there any way to fix it besides starting a new workspace?

Thanks!!
Re: unable to save workbench state [message #997525 is a reply to message #997516] Tue, 08 January 2013 02:53 Go to previous message
andrew smith is currently offline andrew smithFriend
Guys,

My apologies for wasting your time. All I had to do is to cancel the 'build workspace' not on program's exit but from within the BIRT (progress tab). Doing so seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks anyway!!
Previous Topic:set dataset parameters in runtime
Next Topic:BIRT Aggregate Extension Example Error!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:28:41 GMT 2024