Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » User input after operation(After an operation the user should give input again.)
User input after operation [message #997345] Sun, 06 January 2013 17:17 Go to next message
Charlie Misonne is currently offline Charlie MisonneFriend
Hi, I am completely new on this forum and with BPEL

I made a BPEL process where the user gives input, a webservice processes it and gives output to the user. This works.
Now I want the user to give other input after the output. That 2nd input is processed by another service.
I tried testing this with the web service explorer in Eclipse but after the output is shown, nothing happens.

How can I ask for second input after an operation and start my second operation?
Currently I have this schema: index.php/fa/12887/0/

The Assign2 is not yet correct, another service will do his work there. But I try to make it work simply at first.

Thanks for help
Charlie
Re: User input after operation [message #998721 is a reply to message #997345] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:55 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Charlie,

"Conversations" in BPEL are typically implemented using correlation keys. These are bits of information that are attached to messages to identify ongoing conversations a process engine has with its clients. The process defines what these bits are and where they appear in the message. The clients are responsible for ensuring that these bits are included in every outgoing message. As an example, an order process might use the order ID and/or invoice number to coordinate conversations between the client (customer) and the process server (merchant) about a particular order.

There should be plenty of resources out there that explain this concept in more detail, and provide relevant examples. Let me know if you're still having difficulty.

Cheers!
Bob
Previous Topic:Make User Interface for BPEL process
Next Topic:Intercepting events and controlling behaviour via events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:11:51 GMT 2024