Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » how work with "jdk7u10" and "eclipse"
icon2.gif  how work with "jdk7u10" and "eclipse" [message #997247] Fri, 04 January 2013 16:46 Go to next message
hamed zm is currently offline hamed zmFriend
I don't know how should I work with it
I have downloaded both jdk and eclipse.
I have a file .java
How should I run this file with these two programs?
Please help me.
Re: how work with "jdk7u10" and "eclipse" [message #997396 is a reply to message #997247] Mon, 07 January 2013 10:07 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

I suspect that you have installed the JDK on your computer along with Eclipse. If you have any issues with the installation of the JDK or Eclipse, have a look at the installation guide. Now that you have your Eclipse properly installed, you just need to launch it (by double clicking on "eclipse" or "eclipse.exe" depending on your platform). Eclipse will start by asking you where your workspace is located. The workspace is just a folder where your projects will be located. Once launched, you should have something like this:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-IN9XeRYcDww/ULNtrj_AdPI/AAAAAAAAJrI/cqT8h_AWQqM/s800/Eclipse+JDT+-+New+Java+Project+01.png

You can then create a new Java project by right clicking in the "Package Explorer" view or by using the "File -> New" menu. You can then copy your ".java" file inside your newly created project and start working on your Java application. You can find more information on the management of a Java application here. The Eclipse Java Development Tools can provide you with tons of features in order to build your Java application. You can have a look at some of the basic "must know" features here. When you will have mastered them, you can try advanced ones detailled there.

You can also find tutorials on Java development in Eclipse online.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | Eclipse Java Development Tools Tips and Tricks
Re: how work with "jdk7u10" and "eclipse" [message #997639 is a reply to message #997247] Fri, 04 January 2013 18:52 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 1/4/2013 11:21 AM, hamed zm wrote:
> I don't know how should I work with it
> I have downloaded both jdk and eclipse.
> I have a file .java
> How should I run this file with these two programs?
> Please help me.

Find a tutorial. Here's a good one: http://www.vogella.com/eclipseide.html .
Previous Topic:Architecture pattern in Eclipse IDE
Next Topic:I have a problem launching eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:24:42 GMT 2024