Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Associating component names as parameters
Associating component names as parameters [message #996902] Thu, 03 January 2013 06:31 Go to next message
Yashveer Rana is currently offline Yashveer RanaFriend
I have a Test Case having a few test steps(including other test cases), which are associated with specific graphics components, such as Checkbox/ Text box etc.

Now i wish to reuse this Test case in another scenario, but involving a new checkbox.
However, it is not possible ( as far as my knowledge permits me) since the new checkbox cant be associated with the atomic test cases ( they are binded with the old components)

Is there any way i can configure component names by passing parameters?
Re: Associating component names as parameters [message #997532 is a reply to message #996902] Tue, 08 January 2013 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

This is indeed possible. The documentation for component names has a section on the component names view and on propagating component names.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Associating component names as parameters [message #997563 is a reply to message #997532] Tue, 08 January 2013 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hello,
Passing component names as parameters (dataset) would also be rather convenient.
As an examlpe - common keywords for filling or verifying content where some standard operation will be performed
per each passed parameter instead of specifying as many times as amount of components to proccess.
Re: Associating component names as parameters [message #997571 is a reply to message #997563] Tue, 08 January 2013 12:22 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

That's something we've talked about a few times, but the consensus has always been that the complexity of the Test Case (both in terms of creation, and in terms of reading / understanding / analysing results) would suffer greatly - each dataset could get its actual parameters or components from other datasets, which in turn may link to other datasets etc. So adding a Test Case once for each component is the way to address multiple components.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Move test suite to another project
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP e4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:25:52 GMT 2024