Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Model, XML, XMLSchema, XMI and Model -to-text transformation(hi, am trying to convert a model to its textual format (Java speciifcally)))
Model, XML, XMLSchema, XMI and Model -to-text transformation [message #992658] Sat, 22 December 2012 07:53 Go to next message
Hajara Abdul is currently offline Hajara AbdulFriend
hi, i am trying to convert a model to its textual format, using M2T but am having problem understanding the concept from all angle, there is a tool already developed for the diagrammatic representation of the model, and upon saving this tool, its saved as an XML file, am suppose to take the XML with a M2T tool and generate the code equivalent(in java), with the terms i listed in the title section, please i would like an explanation and also clarify that am not mixing concepts wrongly.

Thanks
Re: Model, XML, XMLSchema, XMI and Model -to-text transformation [message #1005663 is a reply to message #992658] Mon, 28 January 2013 06:59 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

This is a very vague question. I am supposing that you want to produce some code from XML models, where the metamodel is an XSD Schema. Xpand has an adapter for XSD typesystems, and there are some example projects here in the Git repository:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2t/org.eclipse.xpand.git/tree/examples

You could take these examples (those having "xsd" in their project name) and modify them.

Cheers,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] How to get the TargetFolder from script
Next Topic:NullPointerException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:05:42 GMT 2024