Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problems with Dynamic WebProject + J2EE Preview server on Juno
Problems with Dynamic WebProject + J2EE Preview server on Juno [message #992030] Thu, 20 December 2012 18:05
gary fong is currently offline gary fongFriend
I have the latest version of Eclipse J2EE Juno (SR1) running on a Mac. When I try to setup setup a simple Dynamic Web Project with a WebContent/index.html file and hook it up to J2EE Preview server I get the error below. I've consulted articles, the help docs, youtube videos, and they all show that this should work.

Googling around, I've found references to bug issues with J2EE Preview, Jetty, and or WTP on Juno. The conversation threads are difficult to follow. I didn't know, for instance, if the issue was to have been resolved in SR1 or will be resolved in SR2.

I guess what I want to know is if J2EE Preview usable on Juno SR1? Is there no simple workaround. I would like to avoid having to install and hook up an external Tomcat server.

If this is the wrong forum, please forgive me. Which forum would be the right forum?

--- The error I'm getting in the built-in browser ---

Error 404 - Not Found

No context on this server matched or handled this request.
Contexts known to this server are:
test01(/test01)

-- Gary
Previous Topic:How can I add JSP comments (instead of HTML comments) in Eclipse?
Next Topic:web.xml model utilities?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:07:04 GMT 2024