Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Very simple question about UML diagrams.
Very simple question about UML diagrams. [message #991638] Wed, 19 December 2012 22:31 Go to next message
Bill White is currently offline Bill WhiteFriend
Is it possible to set a default filter setting on classes in the Papyrus UML diagram editor? When I add a property child to a Class node, I generally want the attribute to be visible. But it seems like the filter's value is to always hide the property. I would like to always see it, unless I do something special to hide it.

Thanks.
Re: Very simple question about UML diagrams. [message #991642 is a reply to message #991638] Wed, 19 December 2012 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill White is currently offline Bill WhiteFriend
I think I found the answer to my own question. First create the attribute using the model explorer. Then drop the attribute onto the diagram.

The moral seems to be that the model is the model, and the diagram is a picture of part or all of the model.
Re: Very simple question about UML diagrams. [message #996518 is a reply to message #991638] Wed, 02 January 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
You're right, the Diagram shows only a part of the model.
- You can also create your property in the diagram using the Palette instead of create it from the Model Explorer.
- Or after creating your property in the Model Explorer, you can select the Class in the Diagram, then click right -> Filter -> Show/Hide Contents
Previous Topic:Advice from software modeler to new one in this field
Next Topic:Papyrus collaborative work: how to work properly with a split model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:08:32 GMT 2024