Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » HighOrderTransformation: From Model to Text
HighOrderTransformation: From Model to Text [message #991439] Wed, 19 December 2012 07:41 Go to next message
Antonio Moreno is currently offline Antonio MorenoFriend
Hi,

I'm developing a transformation from the metamodel of my system (conforms to Ecore) to a modified metamodel (conforms to Ecore too). My MM has more than a hundred classes and I'll need transform models, conforms my source MM to the other one, conforms my target metamodel.

Anyway, I need perform an high order transformation, and... after I read some papers and examples, all these HOTs are developing with TCS (Textual Concret Syntax) to translate from model to text *.atl. The problem is than TCS is outdate and it does not run in newer Eclipse (e.g. Eclipse Juno).

Are there another way to do this? Are there any Xpand project (or similar) to translate from atl model to atl file?

Or I need necessary to do this in older Eclipse versions?

Thank you so much Smile ,
Antonio.
Re: HighOrderTransformation: From Model to Text [message #991530 is a reply to message #991439] Wed, 19 December 2012 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

I guess there is a misunderstanding somewhere: HOTs are transformations, so they are also defined with ATL.
Thus, what is required is to be able to inject ATL files as ATL models and to extract ATL models as ATL files.

ATL already provides these base injector and extractor.
They can be called for instance using ATL ANT Tasks (cf. the atl.loadModel and atl.saveModel usage examples provided from that documentation).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: HighOrderTransformation: From Model to Text [message #991805 is a reply to message #991530] Thu, 20 December 2012 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antonio Moreno is currently offline Antonio MorenoFriend
Thank you so much. My problem was solved. Now I have a ANT Task to extract ATL code.

Another question regarding HOT but about other concern. Reading the paper:

Massimo Tisi, Jordi Cabot, Frédéric Jouault: Improving Higher-Order Transformations Support in ATL. ICMT 2010: 215-229

a new syntax for development HOT is proposed:

from
c : MyMM!EClass
using {
name : String = 'Flatten' + c.name;
metamodel : String = thisModule.inputMMHOT;
modelElemName : String = c.name;
}
to
r : HOT!MatchedRule |[
rule %name {
from
packageClass : %metamodel!%modelElemName
to
flattenClass : %metamodel!%modeleElemName
}
]|

Is there implemented in newer ATL versions? I'm using 3.3.1 atl plugin version (the latest I guess) and it does not recognize this syntax proposed.

Thank you so much and sorry for ask another question different to post title.
Antonio
Re: HighOrderTransformation: From Model to Text [message #991863 is a reply to message #991805] Thu, 20 December 2012 11:24 Go to previous message
Massimo Tisi is currently offline Massimo TisiFriend
The syntax was supported by a research prototype that never made into the main ATL distribution.
Previous Topic:Inter-Model Refenrence, How do I do it correctly?
Next Topic:mismatched input 'helper' expecting SEMI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:02:34 GMT 2024