Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » How to link local files/folders into workspace
How to link local files/folders into workspace [message #991039] Mon, 17 December 2012 07:33 Go to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
The server admin guide says [1] that I can link local files to the (Orion) workspace. I couldn't find a description how this linking can be achieved. I am trying to use Orion to edit some Javascript sources I've stored on my local disk without moving or uploading them to the (locally running) Orion server.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide#Configuring_paths_where_users_can_store_files
Re: How to link local files/folders into workspace [message #991415 is a reply to message #991039] Wed, 19 December 2012 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Arthorne is currently offline John ArthorneFriend
In the Navigator page, when at the root level, you should see a Link Folder action. Select that, and enter the local filesystem path in the dialog.
Re: How to link local files/folders into workspace [message #1003758 is a reply to message #991415] Mon, 21 January 2013 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Did the original poster get this to work?

This is the advice I read in the documentation, but it doesn't work for me. I see no "Link Folder" action. I'm running v2.0M1.
Re: How to link local files/folders into workspace [message #1004135 is a reply to message #1003758] Tue, 22 January 2013 16:28 Go to previous message
Ken Walker is currently offline Ken WalkerFriend
Here's what I did on my Mac. Downloaded the same version you're using. I had to expand the Orion app following the http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion/Server_admin_guide instructions.

I created an orion.conf file and put one line in it:

/Users/kwalker/myLinkDir

Then saved and ran the server. After I created an account and logged in I used the New -> Link to Server menu item in the Navigator root.

I entered in "MyLinkFolder" as a name and "/Users/kwalker/myLinkDir" as the link dir and submitted that

Now I have a "MyLinkFolder" in the root of the navigator. I drilled in there, created a file and that file shows up in the right directory if I look in the Finder.

Same set of steps (minus the Mac specific pieces) should work for you.
Previous Topic:Clone git repository from Gerrit fails over SSH
Next Topic:Why it show nothing on browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:21:39 GMT 2024