Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » [Solved] JSDT Debug Tools(How can I install the JSDT Debugging Tools?)
[Solved] JSDT Debug Tools [message #990205] Tue, 11 December 2012 11:56 Go to next message
Frank Church is currently offline Frank ChurchFriend
I am trying to install the JSDT Debug tools from this page http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSDT/Debug#JavaScript_Debug_Interface_.28JSDI.29.

When I try to install via the PSF file there I get a connection error which appears to be due to a wrong username/password combination?

Am I following the right path?

Is there an alternate means to install it, preferablby by addding the site URL from the Help | Install New Software menu.

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2012 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JSDT Debug Tools [message #990317 is a reply to message #990205] Tue, 11 December 2012 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The PSF file is a project interchange file, meant for loading the source projects into Eclipse, not for actually installing and using the tools. All of the debug-related sources can be found in the Git repository you can clone using git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/jsdt/webtools.jsdt.debug.git . And yes, the PSF itself is incorrect. For installing the tools, you need only to choose the JavaScript Development Tools from the Juno repository at http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno/ , assuming you're using Juno.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: JSDT Debug Tools [message #990422 is a reply to message #990317] Wed, 12 December 2012 12:45 Go to previous message
Frank Church is currently offline Frank ChurchFriend
In fact it was due to my being an Eclipse Newbie. The Debug tools where installed but they were not showing up in the options the way I thought. It took some extra work to find out.

In any case I learned something new. Smile Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 12 December 2012 12:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JavaTOWS Fail to load class error
Next Topic:Javascript hot refresh?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:20:47 GMT 2024