Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Separate view model and business model (How to split model business data model and graphical data model?)
Separate view model and business model [message #987805] Wed, 28 November 2012 09:02 Go to next message
Trung Tran Vinh is currently offline Trung Tran VinhFriend
Hi,

I am doing a project with GEF and EMF.
How to split the model into business data model and graphical data model?
Are there any exist example how to do it?

Thanks
Re: Separate view model and business model [message #988944 is a reply to message #987805] Mon, 03 December 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eyal Heinemann is currently offline Eyal HeinemannFriend
Hi,

Don't have an existing example for you, due to the fact that I'm a newbie to this entire world of GEF\EMF\Eclipse infras...
But I can tell you it's very much possible though not the easiest thing to do, I'll share my process hopefully will help you.
I started out with having a semi-working GEF editor and an EMF model that was specific for the GEF view. I changed the model to the meet the Business/Real Life/Spoken model.
At that point of course nothing worked; so after a few failed attempts I went on and built another abstraction layer of my own, that meets the following:
1. Built and translated from/to the model language (and it has the knowledge into how)
2. The objects together build the "GEF-model"
3. Main repository of all working objects in a session (not a must but makes life easier)

following this most, but not all, of the GEF code was left unchanged, kept working, and thought to be working with the direct model.

hope this helps.
good luck,
Eyal
Re: Separate view model and business model [message #989244 is a reply to message #988944] Wed, 05 December 2012 10:46 Go to previous message
John Mark is currently offline John MarkFriend
You can try out JWT. It allws you to create a seperate views for your models

http://www.eclipse.org/jwt/

It has its own API's

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 10:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Text Superscript/Subscript
Next Topic:Connection Layer on the back
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:30:19 GMT 2024