Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » [Data Binding] Binding depends on another binding
[Data Binding] Binding depends on another binding [message #987609] Tue, 27 November 2012 10:27 Go to next message
Ted Mosby is currently offline Ted MosbyFriend
Hi

I have a question. Is it possible that a binding depends on another binding? I have a combobox which contains profile names. If i choose a profile name some other widgets will be filled with the values of the chosen profile. I wanted to know if it is possible to fill the other widgets when a profile is selected in the combobox with data binding? I bound the combobox to a model property, when the user select another profile, the value will be changed and the other widgets should be updated. Can i do this only with data binding? Or must i call the setter for all widgets manually?

Thx!
Re: [Data Binding] Binding depends on another binding [message #991328 is a reply to message #987609] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:33 Go to previous message
Simon Scholz is currently offline Simon ScholzFriend
Hi Ted(I guess this is not your real name->"How I met your mother" fan?),

you should have a look at http://bingjava.appspot.com/snippet.jsp?id=514

I myself use a org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.set.ComputedSet, because I do not know why there should be the same value two or more times in a ComboViewer.

If there is something unclear concerning the given snippet do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Simon
Previous Topic:JFace TableViewer/Table setitemcount() slow
Next Topic:CheckedTreeSelectionDialog no children are return when trying to access treeviewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:59:36 GMT 2024