Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Chart- creating my own chart plugin(Error - Could not find series renderer impl)
BIRT Chart- creating my own chart plugin [message #987492] Mon, 26 November 2012 20:46 Go to next message
Savitha Sundaramoorthi is currently offline Savitha SundaramoorthiFriend
Hello,

I have developed a basic TimeSeries chart plugin for a simulation software I'm working on. I tested the plugin as a part of BIRT application(i.e. extending the ChartWizardContext, charttypes, model renderers and series composites) and it is rendering fine. Now, I'm trying to use my plugin as API with simulation software but it is throwing the following error. Have attached the error file:

I have include the ReportEngine/lib jar files , my plugin, ChartEngine jar files to the classpath. Code snippet is also attached

I'm a newbie to birt and it would be great if you could point me if am missing out something important.
  • Attachment: error
    (Size: 6.03KB, Downloaded 261 times)
  • Attachment: SwingChartingApp
    (Size: 8.52KB, Downloaded 275 times)
Re: BIRT Chart- creating my own chart plugin [message #987503 is a reply to message #987492] Mon, 26 November 2012 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

What version of BIRT are you using? If you are using 3.7 or higher and this is a Swing app, just add the jars in the reportengine/lib to your classpath. You do not need to add the chart engine. Next do not set a birt home in your code:
config.setBIRTHome("/Users/administrator/Desktop/birt-runtime-4_2_1/ReportEngine");

Finally export your plugin to a jar and add it to the classpath. The only caveat is that your exported plugin can not contain any other jars. If your plugin needs other jars just add them to your classpath.

Jason
Re: BIRT Chart- creating my own chart plugin [message #987741 is a reply to message #987503] Tue, 27 November 2012 21:00 Go to previous message
Savitha Sundaramoorthi is currently offline Savitha SundaramoorthiFriend
Thanks a lot Razz
Previous Topic:How Do I Hide certain detail and column areas in a crosstab?
Next Topic:How to create a very simple excel output?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 20:27:00 GMT 2024