Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude
How to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude [message #985899] Fri, 16 November 2012 15:44 Go to next message
Julia Antoniuk is currently offline Julia AntoniukFriend
Hi,
need you help again...
The problem: I need to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude.
Example:
suppose I have a Data Set which returns a Customer ID, Bank and corresponding Revenue. So that it looks like this:

ID-----Bank----Revenue
01-------X-------0,5
01-------Y-------0,6
02-------X-------0,5
02-------Y-------0,6
02-------Z-------0,7

What I need is to summarize the Revenue for each Customer ID. So that it looks like that:

ID-----Total_Revenue
01---------1,1
02---------1,8

Shell I make a Computed Column? But even if I manage to summarize properly for each ID, it will still look like that:

ID-----Bank----Revenue-----CC_Total_Revenue
01-------X-------0,5------------1,1
01-------Y-------0,6------------1,1
02-------X-------0,5------------1,8
02-------Y-------0,6------------1,8
02-------Z-------0,7------------1,8

which is not exactly what I need...
I also can not change the Query, as the mentioned Data Set is already a Join-Data-Set.
Hope you can help.
Thank you in advance.
Re: How to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude [message #986030 is a reply to message #985899] Sat, 17 November 2012 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

It looks like you just need to create a table within your report design bound to your dataSet that is grouped on ID. Then, delete the detail row and add an aggregation to the group header that uses the SUM aggregation function for your revenue field for your group, not the entire table. Hope this helps.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude [message #986878 is a reply to message #986030] Thu, 22 November 2012 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julia Antoniuk is currently offline Julia AntoniukFriend
The goal ist to join the new Data Set with other one. So if I create a table as you mentioned, I will not be able to join it.
Re: How to summarize rows in a Data Set without using the Data Cude [message #987162 is a reply to message #986878] Fri, 23 November 2012 22:05 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Guess I'm not understanding your scenario from above. I thought you were saying you needed the first table above to look like the second table above, but you were getting the third table. Maybe you can explain it to me one more time and I'll understand what your data looks like now and what you want as an end result.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Stacked BarChar - change one serie to Line
Next Topic:Help: Date as column name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:24:09 GMT 2024