Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo vs Hibernate vs Joda
Virgo vs Hibernate vs Joda [message #984343] Wed, 14 November 2012 16:09
Seth Helstrip is currently offline Seth HelstripFriend
I'm having some problems getting Hibernate to map Joda attributes from my Value Objects, to the appropriate type in Virgo. I'm probably doing something daft wrong, I just thought I'd ask here, since I'm sure what I'm doing isn't particularly unusual, and hope someone can help me shed some light onto it.

Virgo=3.5
Hibernate=3.6
Joda=2.1
Joda-Hibernate=1.3

So I have a model bundle, in which I have a Value Object, with an attribute that I've annotated with the appropriate type mapping for Joda-Hibernate...

@Column(nullable = false, name="REQUEST_DATE")
	@Type(type="org.joda.time.contrib.hibernate.PersistentDateTime")
	private DateTime requestDate;

The model bundle MANIFEST.MF is being generated correctly, and includes an import to the
org.joda.time.contrib.hibernate
package.

Now, I would have thought this would be enough. However, I get the following exception on deploying my application.

Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Could not determine type for: org.joda.time.contrib.hibernate.PersistentDateTime, at table: REQUEST, for columns: [org.hibernate.mapping.Column(REQUEST_DATE)]
	at org.hibernate.mapping.SimpleValue.getType(SimpleValue.java:306)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.SimpleValue.isValid(SimpleValue.java:290)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.Property.isValid(Property.java:217)

Looking deeper into the stacktrace, I see that this problem is actually occurring at the point where my dao-impl bundle is being deployed, and the entity manager is being created.

So with that in mind, I've also included an Import-Package statement for that bundle, to include the Hibernate-Jodatime mapper.

However, it still doesn't work. At this point, I'm out of ideas.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If you've any ideas how I can solve this, please can you let me know?

Many thanks in advance,
Seth
Previous Topic:Blueprint problem after moving from 3.5.0.M03 to 3.5.0.RELEASE or 3.6.0.M03
Next Topic:Virgo tooling: issues with hot deploy to server in Servers view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 22 04:18:35 GMT 2024