Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Zen php debugger(Cannot get debugger to work)
Zen php debugger [message #981851] Mon, 12 November 2012 18:57 Go to next message
John Wright is currently offline John WrightFriend
I have been playing with this for two days. Installed Eclipse Classic. Installed Pdt and Zend debugger ( at least Eclipse recognizes Zend). But when I try to debug a php script I get an error about running the debugger as a php.ini directive. The precise error is:

"Error launching xxx.php. The debug session could not be started. Please make sure that the debugger is properly configured as a php.ini directive."

I have no idea what that means or how to fix it.

Any help appreciated

John
Re: Zen php debugger [message #982140 is a reply to message #981851] Tue, 13 November 2012 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Wright is currently offline John WrightFriend
Well, I sorta fixed the problem. I just changed from ZEND to xdebug. That seems to be working OK, except I can't get it to observer the break points.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that eclipse is more trouble than its worth. There seems to be limited documentation that I have been able to find on PHP ide, and even less on problems that arise. I used eclipse years ago and it worked great right out of the box. What happened?

Now I can't get eclipse php to run mysql_connect(). It runs fine from the cli, but not from a cli within eclipse. Just seems a lot of work just to run an ide??
Re: Zen php debugger [message #983512 is a reply to message #982140] Wed, 14 November 2012 00:55 Go to previous message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
PDT ignores additional ini files. It's a super faq.
If you had checked phpinfo, you could see it.
>Scan this dir for additional .ini files => (none)
>Additional .ini files parsed => (none)

See also
Bug 339547 - add "Use system default php.ini configuration" in EXE prefs
Bug 347618 - Additional PHP .ini files not parsed

Bug 339547 Comment 9 may help you.

This notorious bug has been fixed recently.
Bug 393629 - [Roman] During CLI run with Zend Server PHP the additional .ini files don't get parsed
Future version won't have this problem, maybe.
Previous Topic:source path too long error installing PDT
Next Topic:PHP Parser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:44:34 GMT 2024