Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Run On Server - Shows Deleted Resource(When Running A Dynamic Web Project Configured Resources Shows Deleted Project)
icon7.gif  Run On Server - Shows Deleted Resource [message #965328] Wed, 31 October 2012 06:24 Go to next message
Jan Tacci is currently offline Jan TacciFriend
Hello All!

I created a Dynamic Web Project called HelloWorldJSF and ran this project on the server (Glassfish 3). Next, I deleted this project from Eclipse and created a new project, MyFirstDWP.

When I try to run MyFirstDWP on the server the Add and Remove dialog still shows HelloWorldJSF as an available resource even though I deleted it.

Initially I thought Eclipse might be getting the resource list from the Glassfish server so I completely uninstalled Glassfish and re-installed it. Again, when trying to run my project HelloWorldJSF was still there. I suppose this means that Eclipse is storing the resource information locally. If so, where is this information saved and how can I delete HelloWorldJSF? (Note that I don't mean remove it from the resource list each time I want it to be totally gone.)

I have attached some screenshots to help illustrate my question.

index.php/fa/12147/0/
index.php/fa/12148/0/
index.php/fa/12149/0/

Thanks!

Jan

Re: Run On Server - Shows Deleted Resource [message #965722 is a reply to message #965328] Wed, 31 October 2012 13:06 Go to previous message
Thomas   is currently offline Thomas Friend
This is the JDT forum as opposed to the WTP forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/88/) which would be the proper forum in this case. Hopefully I will be able to help you, though.

You shouldn't have to delete the files manually. If you remove the HelloWorldJSF project from being deployed on the server and then perform the clean action, it should delete the files. If for some reason, due to not handling the case of the project having been deleted, this doesn't work, then the files (at least for me, using a Tomcat instance) are stored in $(WORKSPACE_ROOT)/.metadata/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps
Previous Topic:Subversion wont install into Juno Win32
Next Topic:n Matches Filtered From View - Ecl 3.7.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:26:49 GMT 2024