Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Hudson role-based security(How to use Hudson's role-based security)
Hudson role-based security [message #963464] Mon, 29 October 2012 20:59 Go to next message
Alex Yarmolenko is currently offline Alex YarmolenkoFriend
Hudson provides several features for role-based security. I tried to use "Matrix-based security" authorization with "Hudson's own user database" Security Realm, but I could not find how to asign role to user account. I found note on Jenkinf forum from Chris Hines. He said on May 22, 2009: Looking at the Hudson source code circa 1.306, user groups are only supported by the LDAP and Unix Security Realms. It looks like it still does not work after 2.5 years.
I installed and tried to use "Role Strategy" Plugin, but it does not work as well. I added "Global roles", but I could not add any "Project roles":
- Go to Manage Hudson -> Manage and Assign Roles -> Manage Roles;
- Scroll to "Project roles";
- Add new role like "tester" in field "Role to add", and "myprog-." to field "Pattern";
- Click on "Add" button.
Nothing happened, table "Project roles" was empty.
Re: Hudson role-based security [message #964550 is a reply to message #963464] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:06 Go to previous message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

What version of hudson are you using?

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Previous Topic: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hudson/maven/MavenBuild
Next Topic:Hudson web page stops working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:52:38 GMT 2024