Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » [RWT Standalone] Access Application object at runtime
[RWT Standalone] Access Application object at runtime [message #954041] Mon, 22 October 2012 18:46 Go to next message
Benjamin Wolff is currently offline Benjamin WolffFriend
Hi,

I'm just wondering whether it is a valid use-case to use the add* methods of the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.application.Application interface at runtime, after the Application has been configured by using an implementation of the ApplicationConfiguration interface, es described in the RWT standalone guide. Is it possible to add resources at a later point?

If so, what would be the proper way to get ahold of the Application object at runtime?

Somehow I doubt that is foreseen, as I didn't find any method to access the Application after the initial configuration, and there don't seem to be methods to remove resources again. However, just to be sure I'm asking this question here.

Thanks!!

Cheers,
Ben
Re: [RWT Standalone] Access Application object at runtime [message #954747 is a reply to message #954041] Tue, 23 October 2012 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend

Hi Ben,

you can register resources at runtime with the resource manager.

RWT.getResourceManager().register( ... );

At the moment, there is no method to access the application at runtime.
Do you have a use case apart from resource registration?

Regards, Ralf

--
Ralf Sternberg

Twitter: @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Re: [RWT Standalone] Access Application object at runtime [message #956801 is a reply to message #954041] Wed, 24 October 2012 20:26 Go to previous message
Benjamin Wolff is currently offline Benjamin WolffFriend
Hi Ralf,

thanks for the clarification!

I was just curious, I don't have any other use case than registering resources dynamically, and this can be done easily, as you mentioned Smile.

Cheers,
Ben

Previous Topic:RWT/RAP API documentation not accessible from RAP website
Next Topic:FilteredTree not working correctly for custom TreeViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:08:44 GMT 2024