Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo as Windows Service
Virgo as Windows Service [message #947025] Tue, 16 October 2012 18:45 Go to next message
joel mann is currently offline joel mannFriend
Hi all,

We have opted to upgrade to Virgo server 3.5, however we have been stumped trying to wrap Virgo in a Windows Service. Based off my searches it seems as though we may be one of the first to attempt to wrap Virgo 3.5 in a Windows service (?).

I would like to know what is the recommended wrapper to be used with the latest version of Virgo - and have there been any successful attempts at doing this with the latest version of Virgo...? If so, is there any samples/scripts for Virgo that are available?

We were successful using wrapping Virgo 3.0.3 as a service using YAJSW, however when since we've stepped up to Virgo 3.5 we've been getting "ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter" errors, whenever we use the JAVA main class "org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main" to start as per the docs...

The strange thing is the server will start fine utilizing the startup.bat file - but only when we run it in the SERVER_HOME directory.

If anyone has successfully implemented Virgo 3.5 as a Windows service, or you have an idea of why this isn't working, please chime in.

Thanks!
Re: Virgo as Windows Service [message #947678 is a reply to message #947025] Wed, 17 October 2012 10:08 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

I don't know of anyone that has done this with a recent version of Virgo but before the project was donated to Eclipse we used the Tanuki Service Wrapper, I remember that it took some configuring but it worked well. YAJSW is the only other wrapper I have heard of people using. Just looked at the Tanuki web site and they have a community edition now so you arn't stuck on a back level of their old Open Source edition.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Noob Question
Next Topic:class not found, package only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:22:31 GMT 2024