Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » gtkmm/c++/eclipse/glade, how?(how to get gtkmm/c++/eclipse/glade to work)
gtkmm/c++/eclipse/glade, how? [message #941576] Fri, 12 October 2012 17:06 Go to next message
Leong Chai is currently offline Leong ChaiFriend
all the while i ve been working on MS product, the .net to develop apps.

decide to work on a project that can cross platform, so after realising java+mysql belongs to oracle, decided to develop in c++ and maybe using marianDB

anyway, started reading on how to go about doing things:
installed glade3, gtk+, eclipse juno, cdt, MinGW, ...
follow tutorial in designing a simple window in glade
then copied the sample code into eclipse creating project & source
build n gotten lots of errors...

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

Q1: this is only good for c? not for cpp?
Q2: whats wif the include path? i need to specifically add in like "c:\gtk\include"?
Q3: the above doesnt even work, keeps telling me cant find gtk.h, so i hunt for the file and realize its in "g:\gtk\include\gtk-2.4\gtk", so i need to include another path to INCLUDE?
Q4: this time i didnt get same error as gtk.h not found, but a lot of other errors with regard to gtk functions popping up, so i look for all subfolders in gtk\include and gtk\lib n add 1-by-1 into INCLUDE set up
Q5: after all those work, i still get errors building the project
all arrors have _g... which i assume from gtk

Q6: so i thought mayb these only works wif c, did some hunting and came across gtkmm, supposedly for c++?
Q7: so i downloaded, installed gtkmm and tried again, just putting in c:\gtkmm\include folder for INCLUDE setup in eclipse, again the line
#include <gtkmm/gtkmm.h> gives error, so i changed it to <gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm>
Q8: i m seeing more errors just like the case in GTK, all the tutorial i looked up seems easy to jump start writing a simple window from C++ & GTK+/gtkmm & ECLIPE & GLADE n i have been trying for 2 days and couldnt figure out how to make the thing work...

the sample that comes with gtk+ or gtkmm runs perfectly but i cant get ECLIPSE to build my project!
what m i doing wrong? any1 care to show me step by step on how to setup the environment in ECLIPSE & GLADE so I can design the GUI in GLADE n how to use C++ in ECLIPSE to use those GUI from GLADE...

DESPERATELY SEEKING HELP, linux/c++/glade/eclipse/gtk+/gtkmm/cdt beginner. - -.
Re: gtkmm/c++/eclipse/glade, how? [message #945026 is a reply to message #941576] Mon, 15 October 2012 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Search for the pkg-config plugin and install it. The pkg-config plugin will help you find the include files you need to configure a C project to work with the GTK+.

http://www.findbestopensource.com/product/pkg-config-support-for-eclipse-cdt

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: gtkmm/c++/eclipse/glade, how? [message #945143 is a reply to message #945026] Mon, 15 October 2012 09:07 Go to previous message
Leong Chai is currently offline Leong ChaiFriend
nope, been there, done that, but it just wont work.
i put all the paths in gtkmm/include & gtkmm/lib, YES, 1-by-1 in the path & symbols, even link folders, and APPLY and OK and SAVE, but still wont work,
then i exit ECLIPSE and start ECLIPSE and look at my project, all those curvy red underlines, look into PATH & SYMBOLS and all those paths I entered manually were gone...
so I fire off Visual Studio and did the same in VS, and it worked!!! so i guess i got to move forward n drop off ECLIPSE for now...
was hoping in using ECLIPSE cos I didnt want to VS in the first place, didnt want to accidentally use VS staff n couldnt get my apps to work in linux, but i ve got no choice but stick with VS since ECLIPSE cant give me wat i want...
Previous Topic:Specify default directories for source and header files?
Next Topic:Managed Build Definitions - making visibility of option depending on another option doesnt work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:22:13 GMT 2024