Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem with deployment using plans
Problem with deployment using plans [message #941247] Fri, 12 October 2012 10:32 Go to next message
Seth Helstrip is currently offline Seth HelstripFriend
I'm having problems getting plans to work, as a deployment mechanism in Virgo.

As per the documentation, I have carefully placed my bundles (including correctly generated MANIFEST.MF) in the $VIRGO_HOME/repository/usr directory. I then restarted the Virgo server, using the -clean flag. However, when I try and hot deploy my .plan file in the pickup directory, the server is telling me that it can't find the bundles that exist within the usr directory. This is not consistent for all of my bundles - some work, some don't, and I really can't see why!

Maybe I've missed something? Can someone please help point me in the correct direction?

Many thanks in advance,
Seth
Re: Problem with deployment using plans [message #941500 is a reply to message #941247] Fri, 12 October 2012 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jean-Pierre Bergamin is currently offline Jean-Pierre BergaminFriend
Hello Seth

A good way to debug this is to delete your bundles again from the repository/usr folder and put them one by one into the pickup folder when virgo is running. This way you can easily see if all those bundles can be started. If they really can be started individually, what error is logged when deploying the plan file?

Best regards,
James
Re: Problem with deployment using plans [message #941532 is a reply to message #941500] Fri, 12 October 2012 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seth Helstrip is currently offline Seth HelstripFriend
Hi James,
Thanks for the response. I have already tried, on-by-one deploying the bundles to the pickup directory - no problem. Here's what I get from the Virgo server, on trying to deploy using a plan. As mentioned, at the point the error is received, the same bundles are available in $VIRGO_HOME/repository/usr and the server has been bounced, and restarted using the clean flag.

[2012-10-12 11:34:53.000] fs-watcher                   <HD0002E> Hot deploy fail
ed for file 'osgi-demo.plan'. org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentE
xception: Deployment of plan 'osgi-demo.plan' version '1.0.0' in scope 'null' fa
iled: bundle 'com.myCompany.service.definition.service-definition' in version rang
e '[0.0.2, oo)' not found
        at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PlanResolver.operate(
PlanResolver.java:116)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PlanResolver.access$0
(PlanResolver.java:92)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PlanResolver$1.visit(
PlanResolver.java:86)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.ThreadSafeGraphNode.visitInternal(Threa
dSafeGraphNode.java:193)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.util.common.ThreadSafeGraphNode.visit(ThreadSafeGra
phNode.java:184)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.internal.PlanResolver.transfor
m(PlanResolver.java:82)
        at org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.install.pipeline.stage.transform.internal.Tr
ansformationStage.doProcessGraph(TransformationStage.java:54)
Re: Problem with deployment using plans [message #968241 is a reply to message #941532] Fri, 02 November 2012 10:02 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The most obvious cause of this failure would be that Bundle-Version of the com.myCompany.service.definition.service-definition bundle is less than 0.0.2. Please could you post the manifest here if you think the version is correct.
Previous Topic:Bundlor 1.1.2.RELEASE
Next Topic:Dependency graph tool?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:26:30 GMT 2024