Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » groovy class cannot be resolved to a type(eclipse groovy issues)
icon8.gif  groovy class cannot be resolved to a type [message #938188] Tue, 09 October 2012 16:38 Go to next message
Nilesh Thali is currently offline Nilesh ThaliFriend
hello,
i'm using eclipse juno, and i installed the groovy-eclipse plugin from the marketplace. i then imported my existing maven projects which are predominantly java, with a couple of groovy classes.
but i keep getting "class cannot be resolved to a type" even after converting to groovy project.
any ideas what i'm missing?
Thanks,
Nilesh
icon10.gif  SOLVED Re: groovy class cannot be resolved to a type [message #938224 is a reply to message #938188] Tue, 09 October 2012 17:22 Go to previous message
Nilesh Thali is currently offline Nilesh ThaliFriend
Tried to add a new groovy class, and it told me "cannot add new groovy class because of exclusions specified on build path".
bingo! went to the build path, and added "**/*.groovy" to the includes, and i'm off and running.

although! i think this is ambiguous at best, and a bug at worst:
before i added groovy, it said:
includes: **/*.java
excludes: none

if excludes was indeed none, then it should have picked up all source files in the directory. anyways, don't intend to nit-pick.

best,
Nilesh
Previous Topic:Failed to load the JNI shared library.
Next Topic:interface implemenation methods with reasonable argument names?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:43:10 GMT 2024