Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Staging and explorer view wrongly show files as changed
Staging and explorer view wrongly show files as changed [message #934978] Sat, 06 October 2012 14:29 Go to next message
Sasa Djugum is currently offline Sasa DjugumFriend
I have been using Egit (in Indigo) recently in Linux and I have a problem with project explorer/staging view wrongly showing files as changed (in unstaged changes) even though I have not done any changes to the files after cloning a repo. I check the git status in command line (and even in git gui) and it also shows no changes to files.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What could be a problem? Is it a bug or something specific for my case?

Thanks a lot for support!
Re: Staging and explorer view wrongly show files as changed [message #935023 is a reply to message #934978] Sat, 06 October 2012 15:36 Go to previous message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
If your team also includes developers using Windows, you could be running into a linebreak/core.autocrlf issue that was present in some earlier versions of EGit. Usually running 'git status' and then refreshing the Eclipse workspace will make these spurious differences go away. I'm pretty sure this problem has been fixed as of EGit 2.1. I know I haven't seen it for some time.

If everyone on your team is using Linux (or OS X), then this is some other problem I haven't seen.

Either way, you should consider upgrading your Eclipse to Juno SR1. Or if that's not feasible, at least install EGit 2.1, which is the current stable release, or 2.2, which the nightly-builds release. The nightly builds are of course a little riskier in theory but I've never run into any problems in practice.

Previous Topic:JGit/EGit now supports gc?
Next Topic:Egit "clean"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:55:52 GMT 2024