Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Resizing of tasks not preserved on save
Resizing of tasks not preserved on save [message #924875] Thu, 27 September 2012 07:44 Go to next message
Grant Moss is currently offline Grant MossFriend
I created the standard Shipment example which required the task elements to be resized so that all the text was visible. Saved the diagram, closed the editor, opened the editor and the bpmn diagram. When opened the task elements had reverted to the original default size so that all the text was no longert visible.

Other issues when re-opening the saved file are that the position of text associated with connectors was also not preserved and reverted to the default location. An additional issue with this text is that it does not appear to be possible to wrap it so that large text entries appear as a single line.

Sorry, but it seems I'm unable to attach the relevant file
Re: Resizing of tasks not preserved on save [message #925334 is a reply to message #924875] Thu, 27 September 2012 16:17 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the feedback. A User Preference was added recently which is the cause of the task size problem you're seeing. From the main menu, click Window -> User Preferences, then from the Preferences Dialog, select BPMN2 -> Editor, then select the "Task" item in the BPMN2 Modeler Appearance list. Unselect the checkbox "Override shape size with default values" and this should fix the problem.

This functionality was added to all of the BPMN2 graphical elements because of some issues with overly large Event nodes when imported from another editor, but the default setting for this should probably be "false". I'll make the necessary changes today.

As far as the label positioning is concerned, this was intentional because the editor does not yet support BPMNLabel objects, but this will be fixed in an upcoming release. I have created a bugzilla report (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390575) to track this.

Thanks!
Bob
Previous Topic:Breaking changes in BPMN 2.0 Modeler latest version
Next Topic:problems with timer events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:07:49 GMT 2024