Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Debug screen automatically scrolls while stepping(Driving me crazy)
Debug screen automatically scrolls while stepping [message #919128] Fri, 21 September 2012 18:01 Go to next message
Random Netzley is currently offline Random NetzleyFriend
Somehow I have set an option somewhere and now my debug window is acting very strange.

It used to behave in the following way: You run the app and it breaks on a break point. You press F6 to single step. The text on the screen would not move, only the current line indicator would move down one. When the current line indicator got to the bottom of the screen, the screen's text would then jump up 1/2 page so that the current line was now in the middle of the screen. Single stepping again only moved the current line indicator down- the text stayed where it was.

NOW it goes like this: When you hit a break point in debugger and click F6 to step over, all of the text on the screen scrolls up, so that the current line of code you are on is always in the center (vertically) of the screen.

This is highly annoying as every time you step, the whole screen shifts and you have to get your bearing again. It's almost like there's some sort of 'scroll lock' set for the debugger, but I can't figure out how to stop it.

Can anyone help?
Re: Debug screen automatically scrolls while stepping [message #923333 is a reply to message #919128] Tue, 25 September 2012 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, this must be an extremely rare bug. Thank you everyone for at least looking at it. Can someone tell me how I can report this to the eclipse developers?
Re: Debug screen automatically scrolls while stepping [message #939300 is a reply to message #923333] Wed, 10 October 2012 16:16 Go to previous message
For future reference, I believe I have solved (though not completely understood) the problem. By switching the workspace to a new one, the problem seems to have disappeared. My hunch is that if you have a Python project in the same workspace as java projects, perhaps Eclipse get's confused about which debugger to use, so when in a java debugger it does not work properly.

At least these are my initial thoughts.
Previous Topic:increase size of font in eclipse
Next Topic:imageicon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:40:20 GMT 2024