Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse doesn't work properly anymore [FIXED](An error occurs during every run I try.)
Eclipse doesn't work properly anymore [FIXED] [message #913349] Sat, 15 September 2012 10:40 Go to next message
Yanick van Langeraad is currently offline Yanick van LangeraadFriend
Yesterday, I tried simulating a simple neural network in Java. Everything worked fine, no problems what so ever.

When I started my laptop today and I tried running it again, I got the error:
"An internal error occurred during: "Launching ANN".
com/sun/jdi/connect/IllegalConnectorArgumentsException"

I have never seen this error before.

What's worse, this error now occurs with every project in my workbench, from simple power functions to bigger applications, all worked fine before. The error is exactly the same every time, except that ANN would be replaced with that class' name.

I tried making a new test project, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. No error, but no output either. It doesn't seem to run at all.

I am absolutely clueless about this, but I would love a solution. I have restarted my laptop, and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Eclipse, both changed nothing for this problem. Google didn't really help me either. I run Ubuntu 12.04, Unity.

Here's a screenshot of the error.
index.php/fa/11502/0/

I hope you guys know something!

[Updated on: Sun, 16 September 2012 19:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse doesn't work properly anymore [message #913474 is a reply to message #913349] Sat, 15 September 2012 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 09/15/2012 05:40 AM, Yanick van Langeraad wrote:
> Yesterday, I tried simulating a simple neural network in Java. Everything worked fine, no problems what so ever.
>
> When I started my laptop today and I tried running it again, I got the error:
> "An internal error occurred during: "Launching ANN".
> com/sun/jdi/connect/IllegalConnectorArgumentsException"
>
> I have never seen this error before.
>
> What's worse, this error now occurs with every project in my workbench, from simple power functions to bigger applications, all worked fine before. The error is exactly the same every time, except that ANN would be replaced with that class' name.
>
> I tried making a new test project, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. No error, but no output either. It doesn't seem to run at all.
>
> I am absolutely clueless about this, but I would love a solution. I have restarted my laptop, and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Eclipse, both changed nothing for this problem. Google didn't really help me either. I run Ubuntu 12.04, Unity.
>
> Here's a screenshot of the error.
>
>
> I hope you guys know something!
>
Are you running against an Open JDK version of Java? Ubuntu broke the
time zone information in the latest Open JDK updated. This causes
strange problems when accessing time related functions.

You can fix the problem by reinstalling tzdata-java.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but it shouldn't hurt to
try the reinstall.

See:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/+bug/1047762
Re: Eclipse doesn't work properly anymore [message #913511 is a reply to message #913474] Sat, 15 September 2012 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
yep, and the "original" ubuntu bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1050404 (fixed).

(I ran into this today, too, Eclipse wasn't its normal self at all ...).

Stephan
Re: Eclipse doesn't work properly anymore [message #915191 is a reply to message #913511] Sun, 16 September 2012 19:28 Go to previous message
Yanick van Langeraad is currently offline Yanick van LangeraadFriend
Thanks a lot, Eclipse is back up and running, re-installing the tzdata-java did the trick.
Previous Topic:Find an IType in the whole (non workspace) classpath
Next Topic:I can't get Eclipse to create C++ projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:41:51 GMT 2024