Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » includes/indexer issue when importing existing project
includes/indexer issue when importing existing project [message #913100] Fri, 14 September 2012 19:23 Go to next message
Christian Schlegel is currently offline Christian SchlegelFriend
Hi,

I have some trouble with a cdt c++ project imported from a git repo. When I import the project via Import... -> Projects from Git, the indexer is not able to resolve the "standard"/"built-in" includes and symbols. With standard I mean iostream and so on. Compilation works perfectly.

I put this down to the following. It can be reproduced with a simple c++ project via New -> C++ Project -> Hello World C++ Project (Linux GCC toolchain). After creation everthing is fine and the indexer is able to resolve the "standard" includes.
index.php/fa/11499/0/
But when I delete the project (not checking "Delete project contents on disk") and importing it again via Import -> Existing Projects into Workspace, the standard includes are missing/can not be resolved.
index.php/fa/11500/0/

This is the same with import from git repo. All manually added includes are resolved but not the standard ones.

Rebuilding the index and/or restarting eclipse brings no help. Am I missing something when importing an existing project? One workaround is to add the "standard" includes and symbols manually via Properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols. But I think this could not be the final thing to do, as a new project does have these things already from some built-in mechanism.

I am working on Linux version 3.2.0-30-generic (buildd@batsu) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) with Eclipse Modeling Tools Juno Release (build id: 20120620-1657) and CDT 8.1.0.201206111645.

I am open for any advice.

Christian
Re: includes/indexer issue when importing existing project [message #913117 is a reply to message #913100] Fri, 14 September 2012 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
check this settings (new in Juno):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn81#Scanner_Discovery

Check the FAQ also:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ

regards,
Klaus

Re: includes/indexer issue when importing existing project [message #913147 is a reply to message #913117] Fri, 14 September 2012 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Schlegel is currently offline Christian SchlegelFriend
Klaus Mr wrote on Fri, 14 September 2012 22:17
check this settings (new in Juno):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/NewIn81#Scanner_Discovery

Thank you! Checking "Enable language settings providers for this project" did it. But now I am confused. It is checked on project creation. Why is it not checked after project (re)import by default?
Re: includes/indexer issue when importing existing project [message #913291 is a reply to message #913147] Sat, 15 September 2012 07:00 Go to previous message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hi,

Quote:
Why is it not checked after project (re)import by default?

if you can reproduce it and if you think this is an error, than please make an error report. But first search through bugzilla (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/), maybe someone else already has reported this.

If you report a bug or find an existing bugzilla bug entry please drop a short reply here to have this information immediately in this thread.

regards,
Klaus

[Updated on: Sat, 15 September 2012 08:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced from: start in crt1.10.6.o
Next Topic:Overview of indexer C++11 problems?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:36:19 GMT 2024