Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E4 Styling mechanism?
E4 Styling mechanism? [message #910576] Mon, 10 September 2012 02:51 Go to next message
Jeeeyul Lee is currently offline Jeeeyul LeeFriend

I want to get full context of styling mechanism.

for instance, might be wrong:
* Widget Created
* SKIN event fired
* Theme manager collect stylable models from created widgets.
* CSS Property Handler update native widgets from matching models with selector rule.

Anyone help me? Smile
Re: E4 Styling mechanism? [message #910836 is a reply to message #910576] Mon, 10 September 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Not sure what you mean by styling engine / skin event, but I am assuming you mean the CSS styling engine and the different CSS properties / style elementss.

You are able to subscribe to widget events through the topic UIEvents.UIElement.TOPIC_WIDGET. However, (AFAIK) I do not believe there is a way to receive CSS styling events.

Workbench UI events are published from the UIEventPublisher which utilizes the emf notifier framework. Because the CSS styling engine was designed for use in 3.x and 4.x using the same notifier framework would not be possible. After a brief review of the AbstractCSSEngine and its subclasses, it does not appear as though any store a list of listeners for notification.

You might want to investigate AbstractCSSEngine/CSSEngineImpl a little more yourself.

Take care,

JD
Re: E4 Styling mechanism? [message #911692 is a reply to message #910836] Wed, 12 September 2012 06:22 Go to previous message
Jeeeyul Lee is currently offline Jeeeyul LeeFriend

Thanks!
Previous Topic:please org.eclipse.ui.views.properties error
Next Topic:QuickAccess contribution and activities
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:07:47 GMT 2024