Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Executable terminates on launch
Executable terminates on launch [message #910128] Sat, 08 September 2012 19:14 Go to next message
Shoop Dawoop is currently offline Shoop DawoopFriend
I've done a lot of searching for a solution to this, but nothing I've tried so far has worked. I'm writing a C++ application on Win7 x64, it builds fine from within Eclipse but won't run from within it(it immediately gives me a status of <terminated>. It does, however, run perfectly fine from GUI/cmd, so I know it's not the code misbehaving. It was working 100% fine before and just started acting this was a few days ago, so I don't know what project parameters might have changed. Based on my searching I've tried:
Setting environment variables...
-in the system settings (which already contained C:\MinGW\bin, but i took it down and put it back in)
-in the Eclipse rpeferences
-in the project preferences (while I was testing things out, this was the way that made a new hello world project I generated from the menu run)

...and adding "-static" to the linker parameters. Still no dice. This is pretty irritating, having to launch the executable from outside every time, but would be bearable if not for the fact that the debugger is also not working.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: Executable terminates on launch [message #910980 is a reply to message #910128] Mon, 10 September 2012 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump, no tips?
Re: Executable terminates on launch [message #916193 is a reply to message #910128] Tue, 18 September 2012 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Re: Executable terminates on launch [message #916752 is a reply to message #916193] Wed, 19 September 2012 12:07 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You should provide some more infos.
- which Eclipse version?
- Mingw or Cygwin toolchain?
- anything in the console window?

Perhaps something like this?
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=CDT/User/FAQ&oldid=315564#I_get_the_message_.22gdb:_unknown_target_exception_0xc0000135_at_0x7c9766c6.22

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:CDT reports bug on valid cpp multiple inheritance
Next Topic:Compiling patched code; Point cloud library (PCL)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:06:43 GMT 2024