Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Compiling shallow from Tutorial(Symbol MPI_* not resolved)
Compiling shallow from Tutorial [message #909237] Thu, 06 September 2012 19:42
Antelmo Aguilar is currently offline Antelmo AguilarFriend
Hello Everyone,

First of all, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this question. I could not find a more suitable place for this question since I was unable to find a PTP section and I am a newcomer to Eclipse and PTP. I have a question that I hope someone can help me solve. I am trying to understand how Elclipse/PTP works by going through the tutorial located at this website: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials/SEA2012 . I am in the step where I will build the synchronized project called "shallow". The problem is that for some reason, I get 36 errors related to MPI. They are of the format "Symbol 'MPI_*" could not be resolved". At first, I believed the problem was that eclipse was not able to find "mpi.h". I was able to conclude that Eclipse was not able to find "mpi.h" because it had a red "x" on the right panel where it listed "mpi.h". So I did some research and was finally able to figure out how to tell eclipse where to look for include files. After I added the include directory under "C/C++ General"/"Paths and Symbols"/"GNU C" in the proejct's properties, the red "x" on the right panel where "mpi.h" is listed disappeared and when I double clicked it, it opened the header file in the text editor. However, when I go to build the project again, it still gives me the same error of "Symbol 'MPI_*' could not be resolved". Hopefully my problem makes sense. I can give more information if needed.

Thank you,
Antelmo Aguilar

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 19:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Different MD5 on different mirrors
Next Topic:The server configuration is missing or invalided.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:25:32 GMT 2024