Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Question about sample data part in chart examples
Question about sample data part in chart examples [message #908894] Thu, 06 September 2012 07:31 Go to next message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
most of the chart examples looking very similar and for most parts i have at least a "feeling" what they do. But in all examples their is a part that creates sample data and adds it to the chart. it looks like that:

SampleData sd = DataFactory.eINSTANCE.createSampleData();
        BaseSampleData sdBase = DataFactory.eINSTANCE.createBaseSampleData();
        sdBase.setDataSetRepresentation("");//$NON-NLS-1$
        sd.getBaseSampleData().add(sdBase);

OrthogonalSampleData sdOrthogonal1 = DataFactory.eINSTANCE.createOrthogonalSampleData();
        sdOrthogonal1.setDataSetRepresentation("");//$NON-NLS-1$
        sdOrthogonal1.setSeriesDefinitionIndex(0);
        sd.getOrthogonalSampleData().add(sdOrthogonal1);

OrthogonalSampleData sdOrthogonal2 = DataFactory.eINSTANCE.createOrthogonalSampleData();
        sdOrthogonal2.setDataSetRepresentation("");//$NON-NLS-1$
        sdOrthogonal2.setSeriesDefinitionIndex(1);
        sd.getOrthogonalSampleData().add(sdOrthogonal2);
        cwaBar.setSampleData(sd);

at first sight it is allway the same?! what does this do? (to prevent more of such questions: is there a documentation that explains how the charts are working, the model behind it and some other backgrounds? - most of documentations i found are click-through-eclipse-interface tutorials. )
Re: Question about sample data part in chart examples [message #909209 is a reply to message #908894] Thu, 06 September 2012 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Sample data is not required. That is used in the chart builder to show data in the preview before connecting to real data. I am not sure this is covered in the chart faq, but it does contain a lot of data.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Charts2.2

Jason
Re: Question about sample data part in chart examples [message #909440 is a reply to message #909209] Fri, 07 September 2012 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
thx,

so this code is not needed in most of examples? at least i will delete in my code.
Re: Question about sample data part in chart examples [message #909717 is a reply to message #909440] Fri, 07 September 2012 16:31 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

That is correct. If you use the chart builder outside of BIRT you would want it.

Jason
Previous Topic:Set excel data type
Next Topic:birt report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:05:10 GMT 2024